- Direct measurement of interaction involved in molecular recognition such as DNA and proteins.
- Nanorheology and tribology of loquids in a confined space using resonance shear resonance method.
- Structuring of liquids at the solid-liquid interfaces:melecular macrocluster formation and its application.
- Properties of complex systems:polyelectrolytes and peptide brush layers.
- Development of new nano-scale measurement of solid-liquid interfaces.
- Surface force measurement
- Self-assembled molecular architectures
- Resonance shear measurement
- Nano-rheology and tribology
In Kurihara Lab., we have been exploring the research field of surface forces to develop this technique as a unique tool in material science. Our researchs concern interactions between biological molecules, polyelectrolytes, confined liquids as well as novel instrumentation.